This page presents outside resources related to COIN-OR. Information on COIN-OR projects themselves may be found through the Projects page or the Documentation page.
Suggestions for links to include on this page may be emailed to editor at coin-or.org.
Other Open-Source Tools for OR
- Cliquer: for finding cliques in graphs
- Gnumeric: spreadsheet with solvers
- GNU Scientific Library: C library for mathematical functions, including random variables, statistics, linear algebra, and lots more.
- GOBLIN: graph optimization library
- Maxima: computer algebra, similar to Mathematica or Maple.
- MCFClass: interface for Minimum Cost Flow problems (mix of open-source and other software)
- mexclp: a MATLAB interface to CLP
- MINLP: CMU-IBM Cyber-Infrastructure for MINLP
- MUMPS: a MUltifrontal Massively Parallel sparse direct Solver
- Octave: matrix based mathematics, similar to and “mostly compatible” with MATLAB.
- OpenForecast: the name says it all
- QtsPlus4Calc: a collection of OpenOffice spreadsheets that solve a variety of problems related to queueing theory.
- R: statistics, graphics, and more. Similar to S-plus (both are based on the language S).
- Shogun: a large-scale machine learning toolbox.
- swIMP: SWIG-based interfaces for Mathematical Programming
- Zimpl: translate LP/MIP models into MPS or LP formats
Tools Used by COIN-OR
- Version control tools: Subversion, TortoiseSVN, git
- Trac: project management (currently only used for new projects)
- Make: used by many projects to control the compilation and linking process
- GNU Autotools
- Doxygen: used by many projects to generate documentation from C++ header files
Solvers with OSI interfaces
- CBC, CLP, DyLP, SYMPHONY, and the Volume algorithm are all COIN-OR projects
- IBM ILOG CPLEX
- OptiRisk FortMP
- GLPK: GNU Linear Programming Kit
- FICO XPRESS-MP
Open Source Links
Operations Research Links
- INFORMS: The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
- INFORMS OR/MS Resource Collection
- The Science of Better: Executive-level resources for operations research
- NEOS Server for Optimization