COIN-OR INFORMS CUP
INFORMS Annual Meeting 2008
Sponsored by IBM
Announcing the fourth annual "COIN-OR INFORMS Cup" competition --- the most coveted prize in computational OR!
A submission or nomination must contain:
- A synopsis of an effective use of COIN-OR or valuable contribution to COIN-OR (or both!).
- An explanation of its significance.
- The winner must accept the prize in person at the 2008 INFORMS meeting --- so we can all celebrate appropriately (see "Long Ceremony" below).
- Submission deadline: Friday October 3, 2008.
- Self-nomination is welcomed.
- We especially encourage nominations of effective use of COIN-OR that the community may not know about.
Submissions will be judged by a committee of members of the COIN-OR Foundation, Inc.
Long Ceremony: The actual awarding of the COIN-OR INFORMS Cup will take place during a long ceremony at a congenial locale where cups are welcome (see below). All entrants and their supporters are welcome to join in the celebration and regale (rile) the prize winners.
- Day: Monday, October 13th
- Time: 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Resturant: Open City
- Location: 2331 Calvert St NW (one block from the convention hotels)
- Directions: (coming)
The winner will be posted on the COIN-OR website.
Please e-mail your submissions to coin-cup
Enter, Come, possibly win, and raise your cup with us!