The Master Module
The master module includes functions that perform problem initialization
and I/O. This module is the only persistent module and stores all static
problem data. The other modules are created only during a solve call and
destroyed afterward. All calls to the API are processed through the master
module. These functions of the master module implement the following tasks:
- Initialize the environment.
- Set and maintain parameter values.
- Read and store static problem data for instance to be solved.
- Compute an initial upper bound using heuristics.
- Perform problem preprocessing.
- Initialize the solution process, pass problem information to the
solver modules and store the results after completion of the solve
- Track the status of associated processes during parallel
- Act as a clearing house for output during the solution process.
- Store warm start information between solver calls.
- Service requests from the user through the API for problem data,
problem modification, and parameter modification.