Back to SYMPHONY Home Page
Next: The Tree Manager Module
Up: Modular Implementation
Previous: Modular Implementation
The Master Module
The master module includes functions that perform problem
initialization and I/O. These functions implement the
- Read in the parameters from a data file.
- Read in the data for the problem instance.
- Compute an initial upper bound using heuristics.
- Perform problem preprocessing.
- Initialize the BCP algorithm by sending data
for the root node to the tree manager.
- Initialize output devices and act as a central
repository for output.
- Process requests for problem data.
- Receive new solutions and store the best one.
- Receive the message that the algorithm is finished and
print out data.
- Ensure that all modules are still functioning.